Introduction Course - Half Day - US$170/pers
If you are brand new to Spearfishing or have a little experience, this Introduction course is for you! You will learn how to use a speargun safely, choosing, stalking and spearing fish, and all the secrets of the sport. Freedive Costa Rica will provide you with the best foundation to get into the sport of Spearfishing. Welcome to the wonderful world of the ocean below!
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Be able to swim
- No prior experience with Spearfishing required
- Freediving experience or course recommended
- HOLD A VALID COSTA RICAN SPEARFISHING LICENSE "Practice underwater fishing card". You can get yours for US$50 on the INCOPESCA website (https://www.incopesca.go.cr/carnets/tramites/SolicitudTraducido.aspx)
- Theory: Spearfishing equipment, techniques, and safety
- Open water: Let's catch a fish!
- Spearfishing equipment
- Fruits and refreshments on boat
Combo Freediving and Spearfishing:
The Ultimate Spearfishing experience begins with a Freediving course! Combo Discover Freediving and Spearfishing for US$290.
- The FREEDIVE is at US$300 (3 people max) or US$400 (5 people max) the half day. Fruits and refreshments are included and add a US$60/pers for instruction and reef spearfishing basic equipment.
- The SALT HUNT is at US$760 (5 people max) the half day. Sandwiches, snacks, fruits and refreshments are included and add a US$60/pers for instruction and reef spearfishing basic equipment.
We teach in: